Very simple recipe goes together in 15 minutes for a delicious dinner. Serve on top of fresh cucumber “noodles” for a wonderful blend of tastes. My husband has been struggling with eating lately, but this one went down easy for him.
2 tsp ghee or coconut oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
For the Sauce
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup hot water to emulsify the peanut butter
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce (adjust for your spice needs)
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chile sauce (I used Target’s Asian inspired sweet chili marinade, use any sweet-hot sauce)
Juice of one fresh lime
Salt to taste
For the garnish
5-6 tsp cilantro chopped fine
2-3 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in saucepan
- When lightly smoking, add garlic and ginger to fragrance the oil. Cook for 30 seconds while stirring. Do not let it burn.
- Add ground chicken, or turkey. Break lumps and saute until you no longer have raw lumps.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for the sauce. Add hot water last, and mix well with a spoon until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour it over the chicken, turn heat to low. Mix the sauce & the chicken well.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer together, and let the sauce thicken.
- Remove cover in 5 mins and garnish with cilantro and peanuts if desired. The cilantro does lend a nice fresh taste.
- Serve over cucumber juliennes or noodles for a fresh taste.