Sometimes it’s nice to have a simple, high protein snack at hand without too much effort. I made these when I made the low carb lasagna (also posted on this site) and had half a lb of ground beef left over. They turned out to have a few too many calories so I think I’ll save them for days when I’m not that hungry. They’d also work with chicken or turkey sausage to reduce calories.
Makes 4 servings, 4 meat balls each
- 1/2 lb bulk italian sausage
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all the ingredients together gently
- Form into about 16 balls and place on a foil-lined baking pan
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes.
- Once they are cool, they can be sorted into individual zip bags and frozen